There is little argument on the fact that the internet has taken over how we meet people, how we learn, and how we interact with each other. In more cases than one, it's our best way to get out there and say, "Hey world, look at me!" But how do you know if you're putting your best foot forward?
I'm going to be walking you through the steps on how to harness the spotlight of social media in the best ways possible.
First, it must be clear that there is no right or wrong way to do your social media. But, there are ways to ensure that you are enhancing your digital reputation instead of finding yourself on someone's 'mute' list, or worse... losing that follow.
Fear not, though. These steps are not only useful for CEOs, influencers, and entrepreneurs -- it is for anyone wanting to build their online reputation. Without further ado, here are my steps to enhancing your social media presence:
- Your personality is your superpower. This may sound like a cheesy fortune cookie, but it's true. Who you are and what makes you unique is what gives you an edge to the rest of user on social media. Don't try to force yourself to fit into a status-quo, but instead embrace your own personality.
- Real-life happens, so own it. Social media will often have you thinking that you must have everything together but you will build a more authentic audience when you are real on the good days and the bad. Don't expect perfection, because that puts unfair pressure on your social media presence and yourself.
- Be respectful. The last thing you want is for something you have posted to go viral for all the wrong reasons. It is important to be mindful of your content and ensure that you are being respectful.
- Be consistent, but don't over-share. There can often be a fine line between consistent posts and spamming your followers and audience. It's extremely important to be consistent in your posts and find a schedule that works for you. But remember not to over-share and pollute your influence!
- Stay relevant. This means something different for each person on social media. For instance, if you are working across fitness, you will want to make sure that you know trending media in that field. If you're an entrepreneur, you should always look for ways to tie yourself or your product into what is trending. Does that mean dancing to popular TikTok dances? It just might.
Now that you know my steps to success, there's one last thing that is important to know: Building your social media presence is not a race, it's a marathon. It will take time to establish your own brand and tone and it will take time to gain followers.
Being true to yourself and your passions will get in touch with the right audience and the followers will come.